Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

German States error coins

2 posters

Go down

German States error coins Empty German States error coins

Post by Kiwi Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Hello

I enjoy collecting old, low denomination coins, from German States... from 1700 onwards. Recently I purchased two error coins from German States- Brunswick, dated 1772 and 1774. There are plently of low denomination coins from this era/region, however these are the only error coins of 'the woodsman' I have come across. The coins both have the 'woodsman' holding a tree on one side and on other have '1 pfenning scheide munze', followed by the date. Anyone have any information on how numerous these error coins are?

Details are:
Brunswick 1772. Copper 1 pfenning. Error print edge -I.A.P error print and the tree is on the right hand side( instead of the left as per standard)
Brunswick 1774. Copper 1 pfenning. Offset angle> 45 degrees or angle misalgnment on the reverse side of the coin.

Thanks

Kiwi

Back to top Go down

German States error coins Empty Re: German States error coins

Post by Mike Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Hey there Kiwi,

I actually don't know about these coins, but I can ask Paul to check them out for you, I've emailed him. Smile

You can expect an Answer soon!
Mike
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

https://coinquest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:25 am

Hi Mike
Thanks for chasing down information on them. The higher denomination coins like the Thaler are expensive to collect and I've been able to find out more information about those coins, than the 1 & 2 pfenning coins that I collect from the various German States of that era.
The website you have created is a wonderful forum for sharing and exchanging information. Thanks.

Kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:17 am

Paul is currently away, and this is outdated. Closed.
Mike
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

https://coinquest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum